Healthy 20-minute dinner with a fresh Greek salad made from tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, and feta tossed in a Greek vinaigrette. It’s a great source of protein and Omega-3s.
Greek Salmon Salad
If I could eat salmon every day on the keto diet I would! I love it grilled, baked, or pan-seared! It’s my favorite thing to eat for lunch or dinner. If I go to a restaurant you know what I’m getting.
- Salmon – I like to buy a big fillet from Costco and cut it into smaller fillets. Salmon is a great source of protein.
- Lemon – Lemon brightens up the flavor of salmon.
- Tomatoes – I use cherry tomatoes in this salad because they are firm and vibrant. You could use a regular Roma tomato as well.
- Cucumbers – Cucumbers give this Greek salsa a crunch. I use English cucumbers because there’s no need to peel the skins because they are thin and the seeds are small.
- Red onion – Sliced red onion gives this salad a punch but you could use sliced scallions instead.
- Feta – Crumbled feta adds that Greek tang to this salad. It’s best to buy it in a block stored in water or brine because it’s moist and not dry.
- 4 (4 ounces) salmon fillets (1 lb total), room temperature (helps with even cooking)
- kosher salt and pepper
- olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups English cucumbers chopped into pieces
- 1/2 cup red onion, sliced
- 4 ounces feta, crumbled
- (optional) kalamata olives
- romaine lettuce, chopped
- Pat the salmon dry with a paper towel and season with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the salmon to the pan and press down making sure the fillets have full contact with the pan.
- Let them cook 3-4 minutes without disturbing until they get a golden-brown crust. Flip them over and cook for 2-3 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Salmon should flake easily with a fork. Remove from the pan and squeeze lemon over the top.
- While the salmon is cooking, prepare the Greek vinaigrette. Whisk together all the vinaigrette ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add the tomatoes, cucumbers, and red onion. Drizzle the vinaigrette over the veggies and toss to coat. Gently stir in the feta.
- To assemble the salad: Place a handful of lettuce on each plate and top with the Greek veggies tossed in the vinaigrette.
- Place your salmon on top. Add a squeeze of lemon and enjoy. Salmon can be eaten warm, room temperature or cold depending on your preference.